Swacch Bharat Mission
To accelerate the efforts to achieve universal sanitation coverage and to put focus on sanitation, the Prime Minister of India launched the Swach Bharat Mission on 2nd October, 2014. The Mission coordinator for SBM is Secretary, Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation (MDWS) with two sub-Missions, the Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin) and the Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban). Together, they aim to achieve Swachh Bharat by 2019, as a fitting tribute to Mahatma Gandhi on his 150th Birth Anniversary.
In Rural India, this would mean improving the levels of cleanliness through Solid and Liquid Waste Management activities and making villages Open Defecation Free(ODF), clean and sanitized.
The aim of Swachh Bharaat Mission (Gramin) is to achive a clean and Open Defecation Free (ODF) India by 2nd October, 2019.
- To bring about an improvement in the general quality of the life in the rural areas, by promoting cleanliness, hygiene and eliminating open defecation.
- To accelerate sanitation coverage in rural areas to achieve the vision of Swach Bharat by 2nd October 2019.
- To motivate communities to adopt sustainable sanitation practices and facilities through awareness creation and health education.
- To encourage cost effective and appropriate technologies for ecologically safe and sustainable sanitation.
- To develop, wherever required, community managed sanitation systems focusing on scientific Solid & Liquid Waste Management systems for overall cleanliness in the rural areas.
- To create significant positive impact on gender and promote social inclusion by improving sanitation especially in marginalized communities.
Visit the following websites for more information :-
Citizen of India
Healthy citizens, better society, clean environment, etc.
How To Apply
Visit the above mentioned websites for the procedure to fill form online. One can also visit the block Development Office or Chief Development Office, Vikas Bhawan for applying.